Hiring a lawyer is a big decision, and sometimes things don’t work out. You know that you can fire your legal representation, but can an attorney “fire” you? Can a personal injury lawyer in Boca Raton drop your case? The short answer is yes but they don’t do it without just cause.
Can a Personal Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton Drop Your Case?
When a lawyer takes your case, they do it with the full intention of seeing it through to the end and with a positive outcome for you.
To answer, “Can a personal injury lawyer in Boca Raton drop your case,” you should understand the legal world is complex and situations can change.
Reasons a personal injury lawyer might drop your case:
- In situations where an out-of-court settlement isn’t possible, an attorney may realize they don’t have the expertise to go to court.
- An attorney discovers their time and effort aren’t equitable to the monetary settlement for damages and that it wouldn’t be beneficial to you.
- There is insufficient evidence to establish liability.
- They have a lack of resources (manpower, financial, connections) for a winnable case.
- There may be a conflict of interest.
- A client doesn’t agree with the lawyer’s strategy.
- A client insists on an outcome that is not achievable.
- There’s any kind of breakdown in the relationship between client and lawyer.
- When a client does not follow the advice of their lawyer and acts in a way that could damage the case the attorney may choose to no longer work with them.
What Should I Do If My Personal Injury Attorney Drops My Case?
Your personal injury has every right to drop your case if they feel it’s necessary, and you are then free to hire a different lawyer. Before you do so, make sure you understand clearly why your case was dropped.
If your case was dropped because of mistakes made by you, it might be necessary to reevaluate your part and then modify your actions or demands. If the case was dropped because your lawyer lacked resources, make sure you know what’s needed before you hire a new lawyer.
I Need an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton. Where Should I Go?
SHAMY, EL FADEL & MAHONE is a full-service firm staffed with experienced, specialized lawyers who are ready to hear your case. If you feel you have a personal injury case, please contact us at 561-939-8042 for a free, no-obligation consultation.