A personal injury can be a scary and traumatic event. The last thing you should have to worry about is having to go through legalities alone and unprotected. So, how do you know if you need legal representation, and what exactly does a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton do?
Do I Really Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
You’ve sustained injuries but aren’t sure you need legal help. The truth is there are some situations where it’s vital you hire an attorney. If you have sustained serious injuries, are being treated poorly by an insurance company, or are being blamed for an accident you shouldn’t hesitate to hire legal help.
What Does a Personal Injury Attorney in Boca Raton Do?
A personal injury attorney offers many benefit, some of which you might not even expect! While their involvement will depend on the type of case, an injury lawyer can:
- Investigate claims. Before a personal injury attorney will take on a case, your claim must be thoroughly investigated.
- Gather evidence. This can include gathering police reports and other documentation, locating and interviewing witnesses, or retaining evidence such as photos and camera footage.
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies. Negotiating a personal injury can be tricky, and if you don’t have experience it’s not something you want to take on. Your personal injury attorney will do this for you expertly.
- Handle written correspondence, including demand letters. This is a letter sent to an insurance company stating the facts of the case and a demand for compensation.
- Prepare court documents. This includes filing a complaint, as well as other legal documentation.
- Conduct discovery. Discovery is the process of exchanging information between involved parties.
- Represent you at trial. Steps must be carefully followed during a trial so trust your personal injury attorney to have the experience and know-how to make sure your case goes smoothly.
Trust the Legal Experts at SEM Law Group, Attorneys-at-Law to Handle Your Personal Injury Case!
When you choose us, you’re not just getting an attorney. You are getting a team who will provide you with exceptional legal services so that you can focus on healing instead of worrying about your case.
Want to learn more about your question, “What does a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton do?” Unsure if you have a case? Not a problem! Contact us at 561-939-8042 or 954-956-7676 to schedule your free consultation today!